August 11, 2016

New AmericanMuscle Tank Tops

Apparel is still one of my favorite aspects of graphic design. To prepare for the AmericanMuscle Mustang show, one task we wanted to complete was to design additional branded apparel items that would be designed, proofed, printed and ready to be sold at the show. There was a lack in the tank top line for the women's apparel line, so that's where I started. 

The first design I wanted to do something classic, not get crazy with the logo. In the past we have typically only offered white tank tops, so I wanted to do change it up. For the first I chose a light heather gray so that it would still be a tank top you would want to wear in the heat. Personally, I am more inclined to purchase a gray top before a white one. Below is the 3-color logo on the front and one-color logo on the back.





For the second tank I wanted to do something on a very bright color. We currently don't offer anything too bright with the exception of a turquoise v-neck. The merchandising department ordered a few samples of bright tanks to get the bold color I was looking for. We ended up choosing a bright raspberry pink where I added a one-color white graphic to the shirt.

This logo I refer to as "turmoil" and was a lot of fun to make. I took the stacked AmericanMuscle logo had had a lot of fun messing around with textures. It's meant to look distressed and include some honeycomb textures. Finding the balance between a worn look and keeping it very legible was key.





Overall I believe these two tank tops make for great additions to the AmericanMuscle clothing line, especially the apparel for women. I look forward to designing more apparel for future events and promotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment