August 10, 2016

New AmericanMuscle Men's Shirt




Turmoil: turbulence, disorder, uproar. "Turmoil" is what I have decided to call this vector art I created for a men's AmericanMuscle t-shirt. This design was limited down to a two-color screen printed logo that has an overall distressed feel. It features shred marks, vintage textures and automotive honeycomb textures. The two gray shades of ink blend well and the knock outs create a third color in the design that reveals the dark gray shirt. 

In choosing the garment all along I was envisioning a lighter logo on a darker shirt. AmericanMuscle currently offers some black t-shirts and I wanted to stay away from another one. In addition, this shirt would be added to the novelty tents at the Eighth Annual AmericanMuscle Mustang Show August 13th. Typically the show is on a very hot sunny summer day and the thought of purchasing a black t-shirt is far down on my list. This slate gray makes for a good option and adds variety for the AmericanMuscle apparel line.

This logo was more experimental and essentially evolved as I overlapped textures and colors and patterns within Adobe Illustrator. Experimental logos that develop through creativity is one of the greatest aspects of design. Needless to say this is one of my favorite designs I have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment