May 02, 2016

AmericanMuscle May Sale

Yesterday on AmericanMuscle.com was the launch of the fresh new monthly deal: the May Sale that I had designed. When it comes to concepting, it all typically originates from the copy that the Marketing team agrees upon. With "boosted" being in the headline, I knew it needed to be an action shot that showed power. I browsed through our in-house photography lifestyle shots and came across this shot of our blue 1998 Mustang.


I thought this shot would make for an awesome base shot and wanted to get back into Keyshot to keep my skills fresh and to make 3D renders for the other car generations. I ended up rendering all 6 generations of Mustangs that AmericanMuscle sells parts for, including the 1998. I chose to make the cars yellow to fit in with the spring colors of green and yellow. We also usually show cars in a variety of reds, oranges and blues, so yellow made for some nice variety. Below is an example of one of the rendered tiff files.



Once I got all of the cars rendered out with the proper HDRI mapping, I popped them into the original scene that had the blue 1998 Mustang in it. I removed that car in photoshop so I had a nice clean background, but kept a layer for each of the visible wheels. To recreate wheels spinning is a little tricky in Photoshop, so I find that the best method is to keep the original moving wheels if available. I added some subtle motion blur to the overall car, while comparing it to the original blue car to make it look as realistic as possible. Below is how it looks currently on site for each generation. These images were used on site, via social media and display platforms, as well as in email newsletters.







To see the scope of this particular project, which is rather small in comparison of our other projects, below is a screenshot of the various versions of this creative that has been placed in the variety of email, social, display and on site graphics.


You can check out the sale the entire month of May on the Deals page at AmericanMuscle.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment