May 18, 2021

Lila3lla Logo

My friend (Bmat of Throttle Down Speed Co.) has shared his love of video games and love of geckos with his daughter Lily. They're currently building her brand's identity: Lila3lla. He asked if I could design a logo for her. He reached out to someone on fiver a while back to come up with a proof of concept for her video game logo. He wanted something girly, but also bad ass that would tie in her love of gaming and geckos. Simple enough, right?

I thought on it for a while and finally got into Illustrator. I wanted to include how she wears her hair, how she smiles and capture part of her youth. I definitely didn't want to make her look too young in hopes of her being able to use the logo design for a few years. I went with purples to be girly yet bad ass. Through a Google search, I had found this inspiring photo of a girl holding a snake. She looked confident and powerful, which is what inspired the posture of Lila3lla's logo. Then I had to learn a bit about geckos to illustrate them accurately.

Below is the final product! She posts gecko stories regularly on her Instagram. I can't wait to see what her and her sister become as they continue to grow up.



No comments:

Post a Comment