May 17, 2021

Galaxy Archery Catalog

Galaxy Archery is one of Lancaster Archery's house brands. In past years there has been a four-page Galaxy sell sheet that included all of the Galaxy products and pricing. Each year the sell sheet got more and more crowded with products in efforts to keep it on the four-pages. The typeface used throughout the entire catalog is better used as a display font, which was not ideal to use for descriptions.

We primarily designed the sell sheets to take to the Archery Trade Association (ATA) in January which involved a lot of design projects and prep work. Each year when we would need to update the sell sheet, I found myself having very little time to make any big changes. I decided to plan ahead and do a full redesign in the summer when I had some downtime. I could focus on pricing closer to the event, but was able to be creative in the new design and emphasize the product images and information. I had expanded the sell sheet from four pages to now be an eight page booklet, giving it a small catalog feel.

Additionally, I created three Photoshop composites to incorporate some lifestyle imagery within the catalog. Before, there was never any room for inspirational and creative imagery. Below are the two lifestyles representing the two categories of Olympic bows and Traditional bows.



I incorporated these as section headers within the booklet and also created a lifestyle photo for the cover.


I laid out the product photos and information accordingly. I also created right hand and left hand icons for easier identification. I created swatches for various riser colors to better organize and display those options as well. I wanted a very clean and organized look and feel so that the product images could really stand out and be the main focus. Below are the spreads for the retail catalog.




Once approved, I created a wholesale version for our dealers that includes charts of tiered pricing for each item. For reference, here is a page from our 2020 retail sell sheet that I had inherited when joining LAS.

Below is the final product of the redesign. 



No comments:

Post a Comment