July 05, 2021

Terre Hill

A little over two years ago, we bought our first home in Terre Hill, Pennsylvania. In true fashion, I wanted to design a few décor items for our home. The main being a canvas to hang in the entryway right inside our front door. The canvas would be seen coming into the home, and also from the one hallway. 

I loved the concept of overlapping typography and decided to do a large "B" for our last names in the background with "Terre Hill, Pennsylvania" in a script typeface on top of the "B". I experimented with various background colors and textures until landing on a light wooded image. I also included our settlement date, which has actually been quite nice to reference the exact day! 

The large "B" is in Baskerville, one of my favorite serif fonts. The location is in a version of the very popular script font Bombshell. The date is also in Baskerville to tie everything together.



I then had this printed on a canvas, which added another textural element. The finished product is 13" x 36". Overall I am very pleased with how this canvas came out. It's a nice bright and unique piece for our home.


No comments:

Post a Comment