July 02, 2021

Lancaster Archery Foundation

The Lancaster Archery Foundation launched late spring 2021. Designs and concepts have been in the work for quite some time before that. Design-wise it all started with the logo. I wanted to create something that was clean, modern and simplistic while tying it to the Lancaster Archery brand. I experimented with typeface weights, stacking and the orientation. Below is the final logo.


From there I began to design a website via Squarespace. I started with a Squarespace template and designed several page mocks in Photoshop. From there I created an outline of copy needs for the Foundation team to complete the content of the site. 



I began sourcing images for the different pages. For images we needed, such as the board of director photos, I found examples to give to our in-house photographer. Eventually when all images and content were compiled, we were able to pull everything together for the website.


At launch, the website consisted of eight different pages utilizing various template components including a contact form and donation page. Our in-house videographer created a video for the Foundation launch and I designed a YouTube thumbnail for that video.


Overall this project took a great deal of coordination to get various departments communicating, making decisions and gathering assets for the launch. In the end it came together quite well. 

Check out the current website here: LancasterArcheryFoundation.org

No comments:

Post a Comment