November 14, 2016

ExtremeTerrain Holiday Promotion

This year ExtremeTerrain.com is running a holiday promotion when customers purchase gift certificates. When a customer spends a certain amount he/she receives a t-shirt, and if more is spent one gets a hoodie. These garments have been designed and printed specifically for this promotion and have become new products on the site.

In addition to designing these two apparel items, I wanted to create unique imagery for the promotion. I sourced several examples that inspired the final creative. My primary inspiration came from the motorcycle industry, are you surprised? I truly appreciate the photography from Fox Racing and The Fast House, and pushed in the direction of the following photos from The Fast House site.






What attracted me to most of these was the shallow depth of field which brought a solid focus to the product. I also really enjoyed the lights in the background that would give my creative the holiday touch it needed. I was primarily drawn to the first image with the yellow shirt in the foreground. I thought the person in the background could represent the Jeep I needed to show in the ExtremeTerrain creative. Because this campaign was promoting two apparel items, I referenced the web banner with the two jerseys side by side. With that said, I began to work with one of our in-house photographers to make the vision come to life. Below is the shots we settled on for the JK and TJ Wrangler.




This photography was then applied to the various display, email, social and site graphics requested by the various Marketing channels. Below is an example of a forum banner graphic with the copy provided by the Marketing team.


The promotion is currently running on the XT Holiday Gift Garage. I'll post more photos to show the apparel designs more in detail-stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment