August 27, 2020

The Bauer's

I finally got a Cricut vinyl cutter for my birthday last year. I've been wanting a vinyl cutter for a while, mostly for personal projects and more decals for my car and kayak. The Cricut cutter seemed to be the best option for price and material cutting capability. 

One of my first vinyl freelance projects was for a friend who's son was getting married June of 2020. She had purchased 4 glasses and had a vintage candle holder that she wanted to tie all together somehow. The candle holder has been in the family for years and has small green clovers with gold accents. I had the perfect gold and green vinyl and went to work.


Initially designing in Illustrator, I created three different designs with one of my favorite script fonts. I drew a clover similar to the vintage candle holder's clovers to tie it all together. Two glasses have the "Joe & Laura Bauer" with their wedding date with the intent of one of them sitting on the candle holder. Then one glass simply says "Joe" with a clover and one says "Laura" with a clover as well. 



Unfortunately due to the COVID-19 outbreak in 2020, the Bauer wedding had to be postponed from their original date of 6/27/2020. While the vinyl used was permanent, I was able to remove the date with some delicate pealing and some product to remove the adhesive. I cut vinyl for their new date, weeded it and applied it seamlessly.



Congratulations to the Bauer's!

No comments:

Post a Comment