June 22, 2016

"Congratulations"

One of my close friends got engaged in Florida this past weekend and asked if my friend and I could decorate their place while him and his girlfriend were away. He had a bunch of ideas to make the room very special when they got home. Of course we said yes, and so did his now, fiance.

I ended up making them a "Congratulations" banner out of ripped canvas. I had seen some ideas on burlap but had extra canvas around for when I would stretch them for paintings. I made each letter have a square of canvas that was torn on the sides to give it an unfinished look. I simply used sharpie for the hand letters. They were strung together with a brown hemp-like string and tied to each side of the room. My friend and I hung a string of white lights with it. On the other side of the room we hung photos with small clothes pins. It's simply a 'just for fun' kind of project that came together quite well that I thought I would share.





No comments:

Post a Comment