April 09, 2012

Neglect

Unfortunately, I have been neglecting to update this blog on my most recent design works and such, my apologies.  Since my previous posting I have successfully visited Daytona Beach, FL for Bike Week / Spring Break.  The week-long trip was amazing, and I found it hard to come back knowing I would be finishing up my last few months at MICA.  In fact, only one month remains in my education at this fine institution, and the reality of this is really setting in.  


The job hunt has begun, as my main goal and focus is to get a design job within the motorsports or sporting industry.  I have an endless list of bookmarks on my computer, where I am constantly checking job openings.  After putting out a few applications and an interview, I am finding the hunt to be more nerve-racking and a little less exciting than it was when I began to make my bookmark list.  The days are dwindling and I am finding myself continuing to broaden my searches and process.  


On the upside, I am finding myself in a very comfortable position when it comes to my senior thesis project.  Because I am so comfortable, paranoia is trying to tell me that I am missing something.  I am extremely excited to complete my thesis work and showcase it during MICA's Artwalk on Thursday, May 10th, and through the entire Commencement Exhibition from the 10th through the 14th.  Aside from thesis, I have been working on an awesome exhibitions project in my Signs, Exhibits, and Spaces class taught by Jeremy Hoffman.  I'll be sure to post in-progress images shortly.  Branding is my third and final class I am taking this semester, and we have also moved on to our final project, which is branding our hometowns.  Images of "Sprucing up Shrewsbury" are to come as well!


Additionally, the freelance branding I did for the MICA Internship + Career Fair ended well, and the event was a huge success.  Final photo documentation of my works will be posted within the next few weeks as well.  I have also (FINALLY) began my independent volunteer project for the Aid to Injured Riders fund, where I am designing and creating a really awesome sign/banner to potentially be auctioned off at Flat Track races.  I just hemmed the canvas banner last night and am excited to begin playing with the design.  The banner should be completed by the Springfield, IL races Memorial Day weekend.  To add yet another side project, I am hoping to design a t-shirt or two, to wear at the upcoming Flat Track races to support my favorite riders.  


With all of that said, I better get to posting images of my current projects:)

No comments:

Post a Comment