September 22, 2016

AmericanMuscle Top Fall Mods

AM Top Fall Mods is not an overly large campaign to design for, but I spent a solid amount of time on the creative. We recently got a really awesome shot from our in-house photography and I wanted to use it for its seasonality. Below is the original shot.



I did some minor retouching by cleaning up the background and wanted to enhance the fog to make it seem like the temperature is beginning to cool off with the change in season. I retouched the car slightly and added some AmericanMuscle branding.



With this being the concept image, I sent it off to the various channels to get everyone on board with the imagery. It was a success and I proceeded to make the other generations. Since only one vehicle was shot in this scene, I resorted to using Keyshot to render out the other cars to place in this scene. In order to do that, I made a back plate image that would serve as the background image for each render I would make. My teammate composed an HDRI map from the location and matched the coloring to make the renders feel as real as possible. Below is the back plate image I created in Photoshop by removing the car from the scene.



I began with the 2015 model we have and worked on perfecting the orientation. I also made a paint color in Keyshot to be the Guard Green stock color which looks quite similar to the Bullitt Green of older Mustang generations. I did some work in post as well to get the black values to match the scene and created lighting in Photoshop as well. Through a few rounds of proofs and revisions, below are the final renders.







All are a similar green with the exception of the 10-14 which is a silver to go with the traditional stock paint colors. Overall I am very happy with how well these render/composites turned out. Once I got them all together I was able to make the various on-site, email and social graphics that were requested for this campaign. On-site we use live text which are restricted to web fonts, however with email and social I was able to be more creative with the typography and stylize the "Fall" messaging. Below is an email a-spot and b-spot with the stylized type in different arrangements.



Today the promotion has gone live on AmericanMuscle.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment